background

Friday, August 6, 2010

Grain Free Muffins

This recipe is super easy, and they taste so good with fruit added to them. :) I found it in "Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet" book, and added my own substitutions or modifications. I'm obviously not able to just leave a recipe alone bc I'm always changing something. ;)

2 1/2 cups nut flour (almond or Brazil nut, or you can sub 1/2 cup of the flour with coconut flour)
4 TB melted coconut oil or butter
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey or other sweetener
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup yogurt
2 eggs
Optional: 1 cup fresh berries or 1 banana cut into chunks. You can also sub 3/4 cup carob or cocoa for the flour and make chocolate/carob muffins.

Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until done in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment