Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. A lot has been going on here and I haven't had much time to do anything worthwhile in the kitchen other than the basics. I do love fall, though, especially bc of the squash that's ready. Butternut, acorn, buttercup, pumpkin, etc. I puree it and freeze it for later use. This recipe is super good, easy, and grain free. :) Sort of tastes like pumpkin pie without a crust. It would be really good with vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream. Sometimes I add chopped walnuts to it, also.
This recipe makes one 8x8 pan.
1 cup cooked, pureed squash (I like to use butternut)
3 egg yolks
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup whole cream
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
Mix honey, egg yolks, and spices. Add in cream and squash and mix until smooth. Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes (I can't remember how long I left it in there), or until the center is done. You can cover it loosely with foil towards the end if you think it is getting too brown on top. Let it cool before you serve it, it will set up while it's cooling.
No comments:
Post a Comment