I can't believe it's already the week of Thanksgiving. November has flown by! I'm definitely not ready for December, nor Christmas for that matter. I'm known for being a "last minute" sort of person. Sometimes it works out okay. Other times, that's not such a fine quality. ;)
This Thanksgiving will be a tough one for us. It's the first holiday without my aunt, who passed away in September. She loved the holidays and was so much fun to have around. She will be missed very much. But she would want us to continue sharing the same joy she had for family, friends, and holidays, with each other and those around us. She believed this season is a wonderful time to reach out to those in need and share the love of Christ, and so do I. What a privilege it is to be the hands and feet of Jesus. :)
This is also our first grain free/starch free Thanksgiving. What ever will I do without mashed potatoes sitting on my plate next to my turkey? Ah, well, I'll survive. Especially in light of all the other wonderful foods I'm planning on preparing. With the help of my awesome friends, I've compiled a menu for the big day. It's sure to please the three hungry little men that live here, along with the other non-restricted family joining us.
I'll be baking and cooking all day on Wednesday, and I will be sure to post pics of the foods I'm making. I hope you all have a wonderful, family-filled holiday with tons of joy and amazing foods!
Thanksgiving Menu
(sorry, this stuff would sound better if I had fancy names for it)
roasted turkey
baked ham
seasoned green beans
roasted/seasoned broccoli
lettuce salad with mayo dressing
cranberry/orange/apple salad
baked butternut squash with honey and cinnamon
pumpkin pie with honey fluff
apple crisp with walnut/date crust
french silk pie
coconut cream pie
oh, my. four desserts? dodd would approve. ;p
ReplyDeletelove, rhonda
Heehee! Well, keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of leftovers! ;) Some of that pie is meant for later. :D
ReplyDeleteHow was it? It sounds sooo yummy!
ReplyDeleteIt was really good! I didn't even miss having mashed potatoes bc the butternut squash was so good. The pies turned out great, although I didn't make the coconut cream pie bc I ran out of raw milk. It all worked out great, though. :)
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, in the rush to get everything done and the house cleaned, I didn't get any pics of the food! :/
ReplyDelete