background

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pumpkin Pie with Fluff

Okay, I confess I have slacked on my conversion recipes this week. I just didn't have the time or the resources. So I'm using one that I converted awhile back bc it's one of my favorites! Who doesn't love pumpkin pie? It seems especially appropriate now that November has arrived and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. This will not be our first allergy free food Thanksgiving, as we've been doing a special diet for over 4 years now. But this will be our first grain free Thanksgiving (which, by the way, also means no mashed potatoes for us - wahh!). Once again I am so thankful for coconut flour, I love that stuff! To top off this recipe, I had left over honey fluff from the chocolate cream pie cookies I made over the weekend. That in itself is a shock considering I have been unable to stay out of it all week (more specifically, honey fluff with crunchy PB). ;)

Anyhow, I converted a Betty Crocker pumpkin pie filling recipe bc I wanted it sugar free and I couldn't use the evaporated milk. You can use a regular crust, a GF crust, or the grain free crust I use. Either way, it is so yummy!

Ingredients:
1 pie crust (grain free recipe here - I haven't used this pumpkin recipe, though)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
2 cups cooked pumpkin (you can sub acorn or butternut squash)
1 cup whole cream or coconut milk

I double this recipe bc the grain free pie crust recipe makes two pies. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Beat eggs slightly, then beat in remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie crusts. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake about 45 minutes longer, or until knife comes out clean from center. Let cool before cutting.

Top with honey fluff for an extra rich treat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment