background

Friday, January 21, 2011

Smooth and Creamy Fudge

Fudge is one of those things, you know, the kind of thing that there's about 50 different recipes for? The word "fudge" is a more general term, in my book, that basically means you melted something together and created creamy goodness that requires you eat half the pan after you make it. You know what I'm talking about. ;) That's why I'm calling this recipe fudge! This is not the fudge recipe I intended on making and posting awhile back at Christmas. (Speaking of, I still intend to make that and post it.) This is just the result of a major craving for chocolate and the discovery of a Ghirardelli 100% cocoa chocolate bar I found in my cabinet. How can you go wrong with that and some real butter? After eating half of it, I realized it was blog worthy, especially bc it's just so easy.

Also, in defense of myself and the fact that I used sugar - I'm convinced that the healthy fat content of this recipe offsets the sugar. Or at least that's what I'm choosing to believe. Ha!

Ingredients:
2oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/4 cup organic cane juice sugar
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
1/4 cup almond milk (or other milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

Melt chocolate and sugar in a saucepan. Add coconut oil and butter, and melt those also. Bring mixture to a small boil and boil about 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into a blender and blend for several seconds. Add the milk (and vanilla, if using) and blend again until smooth. Line a container with parchment paper, and pour the mixture into the container. Chill until it sets. Then eat at least half the container. ;)

This would make a super yummy hot fudge topping for ice cream! You could also add chopped nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, or a little bit of peanut butter to the mix. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go eat the rest of my fudge before my hubby does. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have read my mind. I was just thinking of chocolate and fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know if you try this, then!

    ReplyDelete