It's HOT here. Not just regular hot, but "our AC broke and it's 90 degrees in our house" hot. Yep, I'm getting delirious.
Hubby needed his daily caffeine fix. So, of course, he made iced coffee. Then, while browsing Pinterest, I saw a blog post for iced coffee. Awhile later I was on Facebook and a friend linked another blog for iced coffee. I was starting to feel deprived. See, caffeine and I don't mix well. At all. But it looked so good in the pictures! I decided it would work just fine to sub chicory for the coffee, and add some cocoa just for kicks. I bet I'm not the first person to do this, but I don't care. I'm blogging it anyway. Because this is my blog, and I can post if I want to. ;)
You need:
brewed chicory, chilled
ice cubes
cocoa powder
sweetener (I used honey and liquid stevia)
raw cream or some other sort of heavy cream
Pour about 2 cups of chilled chicory in the blender. Add a few ice cubes, 2 TBS of cocoa powder, and your sweetener to desired level of sweetness. Blend.
Fill a glass about 3/4 the way full with ice cubes. Pour your chicory concoction into the glass, about halfway full. Now, add the cream to fill the glass most of the way full.
There you have it, iced mocha chicory. It didn't make up for a broken AC, but it tasted good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment