background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Veggie and Feta Omelet with Red Potatoes

You know you eat eggs often when your kids say, "Aw, eggs AGAIN?" Yes, again! Eggs don't have to be boring! Unfortunately, my kids won't eat them all dressed up and yummy. Oh well, their loss. I, on the other hand, love them. Especially omelets. You can stuff anything you want into those things and get a different combination each time. Fry them up in a cast iron skillet, and you have a perfect meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Here's some of my favorite things to mix and match for omelets. I use what I have on hand. Dice it all up and throw it in a skillet with some olive oil to sautee for a few minutes, then throw it on top of the omelet.

Mushrooms
Spinach
Kale
Onions
Green Onions (scallions)
Shredded Cheese
Feta Cheese
MSG-free Sausage
Peppers (red, orange, yellow, or green)
Ham
Left-over Steak
Tomatoes
Black Olives
Chopped Bacon


Pick and choose what you like. Now, you need to add some fried potatoes with it. Find a local farmer's market and pick up some red potatoes. Clean them, and slice them up into chunks. Put some olive oil in your skillet, heat it up, and throw your potatoes in there. Slice up a sweet onion and put that in there, too. Add salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, a dash of garlic powder, a dash of onion powder, and a cube of butter. Fry until the potatoes are soft. I put a lid on mine and a bit of water in the bottom. The absolute BEST way to make these potatoes is in a foil packet on the grill, though. Oh man, they're awesome.

So, there you have it. Stuffed veggie omelets and red potatoes. I guarantee you won't be hungry when you're done eating. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment