background

Friday, September 2, 2011

A Week in Pictures

Well, the summer is about to wrap up here soon. As it comes to an end and we start the crazy chaos we like to call "school" around here, I've been trying to get some stuff from the garden canned and frozen. It makes me happy to see the pretty jars all stacked and ready to go, even though I'm definitely not a fan of the actual process (more like I dread the actual process). Canning season helps remind me that a clean house is highly over-rated, laundry WILL wait for me, and there is no such thing as the cleaning fairy.

Anyway, I don't have any recipes to post, although we ate fantastic grilled chicken and salad last night along with homemade vanilla ice cream and bananas foster to round it out. :) The pics were crummy so alas, I have nothing to show for it. Instead, I thought I'd share a few pics of things we've been doing this week.

Hope your summer is ending sweetly and your kiddos are ready for school! :)


On Sunday, two of our boys were baptized.



The child that wasn't baptized became a sand monster. Yes, I had to take him home with me. Fun,right?! ;)



I found a perfectly round, pretty pumpkin growing out of my compost pile.



A friend gave us some apples and I made spiced applesauce to freeze.



My cucumber plants did awful and died, but I did get some pickles and sweet relish out of the deal. Also tried some hot pepper sauce. Note to self: pay attention to holes in the gloves! (Okay, technically this was last week but I threw in this pic anyway.)



I got up-close and personal with two pretty boys to get pics of my friend's horses....



... and couldn't leave out Rodney. ;) He wanted to pose, too.



The tomatoes are finally turning red! MMM... salsa. That little pint jar is my son's salsa he made himself. He likes that sort of thing.



We were also blessed with two 5 gallon buckets of green beans. 1/3 of my crew pitched in to help. 1/3 of the crew was camping...





... the other 1/3 played Lego spinners.



Miss G found the best spot in the house. It's so hot here! I think she was supervising the green bean operation.


Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Abbi! I miss you!!!!

    We are moving to MO...on Tuesday. We will be working at a boys ranch!

    www.lucboys.org

    Love Rebekah
    joshs_rebekah@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been thinking of you lately! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete