I don't know if it's the crazy heat or what, but I'm on a major smoothie kick. I've been making several smoothies a day. The boys like kefir banana smoothies, and I make fruity vitamin smoothies for hubs and I. Pretty much whatever I can throw in a blender and turn into a smoothie, we try. ;) We go through about 8-9 lbs of bananas a week bc I peel them, cut them in half and freeze them on a cookie sheet. Then store them in a container in the freezer. Not only do they work great for smoothies, but you can throw a few of them in the blender with just a tad of milk and they make something very similar to a milkshake! So yummy! Anyhow, here is one of the smoothie recipes I tried tonight with some extra cream I wanted to use up. Healthy and so good! :)
Ingredients:
8 oz whole cream (preferably raw)
3 ice cubes or 3 milk cubes (milk frozen in ice cube trays)
1-2 TB cocoa powder
1 drop food grade peppermint essential oil (trust me, 1 is enough!)
2-3 tsp organic cane juice or sweetener of choice
Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. You can add powdered herbs that are mild tasting, like Siberian Ginseng, to make it even healthier. :)
I made this & it was YUMMY!! Thanks Abbi!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know you tried it! :D
ReplyDelete