My mom got me a subscription to Mary Jane's Farm magazine. It's been my favorite magazine ever since. In this month's issue (April/May 2010) there was a ton of recipes! What was even better, they listed how to substitute GF flour for almost all of them.
This particular recipe uses flour, so I subbed rice flour and arrowroot powder to make it GF. It was really good, but super sweet. Next time I make it, I will cut back on the honey. It went well with yogurt and granola. You could also use it to spread on muffins or pancakes, or as a fruit dip.
Honey Orange Sauce (adapted from Mary Jane's Farm)
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 TB grated orange rind
2 TB water
1 TB fresh lemon juice
1 TB rice flour
2 TB arrowroot powder (or other starch)
2 egg yolks, well beaten
1 TB butter or coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
1/4 tsp salt
Place all ingredients except arrowroot powder in a sauce pan and whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until it starts to slightly boil. Whisk in arrowroot and stir constantly over heat until it thickens.
No comments:
Post a Comment